Simple Delights

Thursday 14 June 2012

Green Tea Chiffon Cake



Another night of chiffon cake craving. I just not too sure what is going on in this winter season. It seem every night I just need some sweet with a cup of hot chocolate as a comfort before I being tuck in bed by my love one hahaha.

We do not want to have too big a cake and also would love to try out my 15cm chiffon cake mould so I bake this little Green Tea Chiffon Cake. As I can not really find a recipe that with such little ingredient to fit in the mould I come out with my own recipe and the result is just what I want . So happy to have this little cake for a night and enjoy the fragrant of tea with a cup of hot chocolate in a cold winter night.

So here is the recipe , you might want to try out if you looking for just a cake for a night ;

Ingredients

Part A:

2 Eggs yollks
35g Cake flour
15g Castor Sugar
40g hot milk
30g Oil
1/4 tsp of Baking powder
1 tsp of Green Tea powder
A pinch of salt

Part B :

2 Eggs White
25g Castor Sugar
1/4 tsp Cream of Tartar

Method :
Preheat oven 165C
1. Mixed green tea powder in the hot milk and let it cool down slightly.
2. Mixed cake flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt well.
3. Add mixed flour into warm milk and stir well as it form a soft dough
4. Whisk the egg yolk and sugar until completely dissolved
5. Add in the egg yolk and oil to the flour mixture combine till well
6. Beat egg white with cream of tartar and gradually add in sugar till soft peak form.
7. Fold the egg white into the flour mixture as above.
8. Pour the mixture in the mould and baked in the oven for 30min or till cook
9. When the cake is cook, invert cake leave it cool



We enjoy the cake in 2 night. Well at least you do not feel guilt having a light chiffon cake before bed time. Is just so right for a cold winter night .

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...