My heart always have a chiffon in me. :) I love fluffy moist soft texture cake. Yup out of the craziness for avocado, also I still have some avocado paste left after I bake the Avocado Milk Pound Cake. I decide to try out something I have yet to see others baking this - Avocado Chiffon Cake . Checking through chiffon cake recipe I gather some idea and bake this Avocado Chiffon Cake.
Recipe adapted and modified from Wen's Delight
80g Avocado paste ( mix 1/4 tsp of lemon juice)
3 nos Egg yolks
50g Castor sugar
50ml Sunflower oil (any vegetable oil)
80g Cake flour
1/4 tsp Baking powder
4 nos Egg whites
20g Castor Sugar
1/4tsp Cream of Tartar
Preheat oven at 180 deg C. Chiffon mould - 17 cm
1. Place egg yolks, sugar, milk & oil in a mixing bowl. Whisk till well blended, add in avocado to mix well. Fold in sifted flour & baking powder, set aside.
2. Whisk egg white & sugar at max speed till stiff peak.
3. Fold in 1/3 egg yolk mixture into whisked egg white, then pour this mixture into the the balance egg white, fold till well incorporated.
4. Pour batter into chiffon mould and bake for 30 mins.
5. When baked, turn upside down to cool. Unmould when completely cool.
The cake has a light yellowish green color. It taste light. As avocado does not has a strong taste so is a moist light avocado lemon chiffon cake taste. Not sure will you like it or not. However am happy for the result and I have done it. Well you wont know until you try it so I knew how is an avocado chiffon cake taste like :)