Thursday, 14 June 2012
Another night of chiffon cake craving. I just not too sure what is going on in this winter season. It seem every night I just need some sweet with a cup of hot chocolate as a comfort before I being tuck in bed by my love one hahaha.
We do not want to have too big a cake and also would love to try out my 15cm chiffon cake mould so I bake this little Green Tea Chiffon Cake. As I can not really find a recipe that with such little ingredient to fit in the mould I come out with my own recipe and the result is just what I want . So happy to have this little cake for a night and enjoy the fragrant of tea with a cup of hot chocolate in a cold winter night.
So here is the recipe , you might want to try out if you looking for just a cake for a night ;
2 Eggs yollks
35g Cake flour
15g Castor Sugar
40g hot milk
1/4 tsp of Baking powder
1 tsp of Green Tea powder
A pinch of salt
Part B :
2 Eggs White
25g Castor Sugar
1/4 tsp Cream of Tartar
Preheat oven 165C
1. Mixed green tea powder in the hot milk and let it cool down slightly.
2. Mixed cake flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt well.
3. Add mixed flour into warm milk and stir well as it form a soft dough
4. Whisk the egg yolk and sugar until completely dissolved
5. Add in the egg yolk and oil to the flour mixture combine till well
6. Beat egg white with cream of tartar and gradually add in sugar till soft peak form.
7. Fold the egg white into the flour mixture as above.
8. Pour the mixture in the mould and baked in the oven for 30min or till cook
9. When the cake is cook, invert cake leave it cool
We enjoy the cake in 2 night. Well at least you do not feel guilt having a light chiffon cake before bed time. Is just so right for a cold winter night .
My love for Palm Sugar, Pandan and Coconut Milk will always be a motivation for me to bake any cake relate to this 3 beautiful ingredient GOD has given to people in Southeast Asia. :)
Yup I love cake that is moist and soft in texture. Come across this Palm Sugar Souffle Cake. Which has an interesting chinese name 相思海棉疍糕。The name itself indicate the cake should be soft and moist. Yup the cake is beating egg white sperate till form a soft peak and fold in the other mixture.
I got this recipe from this wonderful blog that is full of easy follow recipe and I have tried some of her recipe is easy to follow through and result is great ->SiewHwei blog .
From now on I would also cut and paste the recipe in my blog , this is just easy for myself to retrieve all this lovely recipe I would bake again. However I will always attached the original link where this recipes I got it from. Respect those who bake and share recipe is always a must. So do browse to their blog and learn more. This will make the food journey more interesting and fun loving in sharing :)
Corn oil 65g
Palm Sugar 40g (can increase 10-15g if you prefer heavier taste) - I increase it to 55g it taste the best !
milk 80ml (combine gula melaka and milk in a small boiler, bring to a boil)
Egg yolk 100g
Superfine flour 65g ( I used cake flour)
Egg white 200g
Castor sugar 75g
Cream of Tartar 1/2t
1. Combine Corn oil, Gula Melaka milk, egg yolk and egg in a bowl. Whisk well till has little bubble.
2. Add in the Flour, mix well, set aside.( cover well do not let air get in )
1. Combine egg white and Cream of tartar, beat in medium speed, slowly add in sugar, beat till soft peak form.
2. Mix A & B, pour the mixture into 7" loose base square baking pan. Steam bake ~ 150 degree, 55 minutes.
3. Inverted the cake pan, till it is cool completely.
The cake is so soft and moist. The Palm Sugar frangant is in each bite of the cake. I actually have the cake mostly by myself :) Keep in a an air tight container keep in the fridge , each tea time is just another sweet moment for the baker.
Friday, 1 June 2012
My heart always have a chiffon in me. :) I love fluffy moist soft texture cake. Yup out of the craziness for avocado, also I still have some avocado paste left after I bake the Avocado Milk Pound Cake. I decide to try out something I have yet to see others baking this - Avocado Chiffon Cake . Checking through chiffon cake recipe I gather some idea and bake this Avocado Chiffon Cake.
80g Avocado paste ( mix 1/4 tsp of lemon juice)
3 nos Egg yolks
50g Castor sugar
50ml Sunflower oil (any vegetable oil)
80g Cake flour
1/4 tsp Baking powder
4 nos Egg whites
20g Castor Sugar
1/4tsp Cream of Tartar
Preheat oven at 180 deg C. Chiffon mould - 17 cm
1. Place egg yolks, sugar, milk & oil in a mixing bowl. Whisk till well blended, add in avocado to mix well. Fold in sifted flour & baking powder, set aside.
2. Whisk egg white & sugar at max speed till stiff peak.
3. Fold in 1/3 egg yolk mixture into whisked egg white, then pour this mixture into the the balance egg white, fold till well incorporated.
4. Pour batter into chiffon mould and bake for 30 mins.
5. When baked, turn upside down to cool. Unmould when completely cool.
The cake has a light yellowish green color. It taste light. As avocado does not has a strong taste so is a moist light avocado lemon chiffon cake taste. Not sure will you like it or not. However am happy for the result and I have done it. Well you wont know until you try it so I knew how is an avocado chiffon cake taste like :)
Well it seem to be Avocado season now. At least I see more in the market in the shop. I never tasted avocado till my early 20. This is not a common fruit in Asia. Normally people serve with chicken salad. It cost quite a fair bit in Asia. Research said avocado is good for heart and antioxidant fruit that prevent cancer. However it is the most fatty fruit among the rest. In Australia avocado is relatively cheap when in season and it has different variety.Aussie like to spread it on toast bread for breakfast. I enjoy it lot and only consume during morning so I can utilised the fat throughout the day.
One of my friend have tried to bake an avocado pound cake . It make me curious how it taste like. Not too sure how a pound cake should taste like. Am not a fan of heavy cake taste , I love fluffy soft moist cake. Looking that my avocado is going to spoil soon if I did not consume on time. I decided to give this recipe a try and bake this lovely cake.
The recipe is by a lovely lady which is from Malaysia. In searching for receipe I found her blog , I would say she is talented and I have been trying some of her recipe , is easy to follow and the result is great . so enjoy baking and try this out ->Table for 2 or more.The taste is yum given the amount of flour in . However the cake is moist and now I have another recipe for avocado as not only spreading on the toast.
Ok am still trying to improve my SLR picture taking skill . Is a bit of fail especially using potrait lens. Well I believe I will get there soon .