Simple Delights

Friday 17 August 2012

Green Tea Strawberry Swiss Roll



My 1st Swiss Roll attempt. I have heard is an easy to make cake, and the taste is fantastic. I am quite daunting to make Swiss Roll , and why ? Am not sure do I know how to roll the cake nicely and will it break. Will it be firm as a roll or it will just turn out flat. As the cake is bake in a flat rectangle pan , overbake will break the cake and can not roll it at all. Hence this is a brave move for myself in my baking journey.

Thank GOD it turn out well and err I didnt roll the cake myself. I have my beloved to roll this cake , as he is good in rolling sushi and often his hand is firmer than mine. Sometime when it come to baking we have to be confident, even in the movement . It need to be done in one roll without pausing. So here is the 1st attempt of our swissroll.

I used the recipe from one of the lady who bake a lot and her swissroll seem easy to follow
 - > Happy Flour Green Tea Swissroll.

 I did not use red bean as filling , as my belove does not like red bean at all.  Strawberry is in season so is nice to whip up the cream and diced some strawberry and here we have a lovely filling with the green tea swiss roll


Ingredients
3 egg
60g caster sugar
1/4tsp salt
65g cake flour
1/4tsp baking powder
1tsp green tea powder
1tbsp hot milk
35g veg. oil
few drop of green food colouring ( I didnt use this the green tea powder is good enough)


150g whipping cream (whipped)
100g Strawberry diced

Steps:
1. Preheat oven to 200C.
2. Dissolve green tea powder with hot milk, add in few drops of green food colouring and leave it aside.
3. Use a cake mixer to whisk the eggs, salt and sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Shift the cake flour and baking powder into the cake batter in 3 portions and fold in.
5. Mix milk mixture and oil together and fold in lightly into the batter until well combined.
7. Spread batter in a lined and greased 10" x 13" tray.
8. Bake in a preheated oven for 10mins.
9. Remove cake from tray immediately and cool on a rack.

Assemble the cake:
1. Carefully transfer the cake onto a greaseproof paper with the skin facing up.
2. Spread whipped cream on the cake and sprinkle diced strawberry .
3. Gently roll the cake by using the paper to lift the cake and guide roll.
4. Rest the roll in the fridge to stabilize it shape.
5. Remove, slice and serve.

I would say the green tea powder I used suppose to be good quality however the result is not as what I expected. The cake is nice and moist but lack of green tea favour. The taste of the strawberry cream , beloved simply love it. Another thing to take note is , leave the cake to cold is easy to fold and the cream will not melt . I love this swiss roll and how easy it turn out, I did a few of it will share some of the recipe next round.

We finished the cake within 2 days and share with friends who come and visit us. Yes all my cake has to be share with friends. Is just my way of saying I appreciate them and wanted to show them my thought in my baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...