Thursday, 23 April 2015
Almond Chocolate Chip Chiffon Cake
This is the 2nd bake for this Chiffon Cake . The first one was bake with cutting off chocolate chip from a chuck of chocolate. On this 2nd bake I am using chocolate chips. I found that using chocolate chip in chiffon cake , the chocolate chips seem to sink into the bottom of the cake and not inside the cake itself. However using cut fine chocolate , it will give a lighter and better effect of having chocolate in the cake itself.
I'm joining Best Recipes for Everyone April 2015 Event Theme: Fun with Almonds by Fion of XuanHom's Mom and co-host by Doreen of My Favourite Little DIY
Using almond meal in the recipe has create a chiffon cake full of almond fragrance and the cake texture is a lot softer and not spongy.
The recipe is adapt from a Japanes translate to chinese cakebook - 自已作职人配方戚风蛋糕。
For 20"(6 Eggs) or 23" (7 Eggs) Chiffon Cake Mold
7 Egg Yolks
90ml Vegetable Oil
100ml Warm Milk
140g Almond Meal
70g Chocolate Chip
7 Egg White
100g Caster Sugar
1. Preheat oven to 165C
2. Place the egg yolks in the mixing bowls, pour in vegetable oil and warm milk . Mix till combine.
3. Shift the almond meal into the egg yolks mixture. Whisk till all well combine.
4. Whisk the egg whites to foamy and add in caster sugar gradually and beat till stiff peak.
5. Gently fold in egg white mixture into egg yolk batter in 3 seperate additions until well combined.
6. Sprinkle the chocolate chop into the cake mixture and lightly stir in the cake.
7. Pour the batter into the chiffon cake mold. Bake in the preheated oven for 40-45min.
8.When the cake is out from the oven , invert pan immediately to cool completely before unmold.
The cake is very soft and I love the fragrance of almond in the cake. This is definitely a very healthy chiffon cake beside the chocolate chip. You can replace the chocolate chip with 40g roasted almond chip to have a total almond chiffon cake .
Hope you can give this recipe a try .