Simple Delights

Wednesday 7 November 2012

Orange Chocolate CheckerBoard Cake


It was a busy month started from September. We are busying celebrate birthday and more so busy welcoming spring. However spring does not seem to be stable. It was wet and cold. At time night temperature drop quite dramatically.

Well is always good to make it a point to celebrate one birth. I have been wanting to do this Checkerboard cake when I spotted the recipe ->Table for 2 or more

I did not follow the recipe exactly , as I am not a coffee person, more so this cake is for a mom to be. I guess coffee is not good for baby, hence I change the coffee layer to orange layer which is the orange sponge  I used in my Blueberry creamcheese orange sponge cake .


My checkerboard is not pretty as Table for 2 or more. When we unmould the cake , is a bit too thin and is not easy to cut into the shape we prefer. I used whip cream instead of buttercream for the outer layer of the cake. I did use buttercream in the layer of the checkerboard. Am not sure how the buttercream should taste like. Am not really a butter fan so it seem a bit too strong for me the taste.

I hope the cake has bring a good memory to my friend. I might redo this again. Overall is a good experience to know how to make the checkerboard effect in a cake.

1 comment:

  1. This seems to be quite a difficult cake to bake. Hope to bake this cake too one day.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...