Wednesday, 28 November 2012
Avocado Chocolate Cream Cheese Cake
October was an extremely busy month for me. It just happen some of my great girl friends were born in this month.So is a month to celebrate , to laugh, to eat and to share our life in different phrase.
This precious friend of mine love avocado. I want to make a cake with avocado and is a birthday cake not the chiffon cake (Avocado Chiffon Cake) . Looking through some recipe, and I do not have lot of time to prepare a cake we need on the next day. I thought of modify one of the recipe that pretty close to what I can do :)
As I remember there was this creamy avocado chocolate shake I had with a friend in one of the Indonesia restaurant. Apparently chocolate goes well with avocado , so why not do a layer cake with this idea. So here is where this Avocado Chocolate Creamcheese Cake come by .
100g Digestive biscuit
70g melted butter
Chocolate Cream layer :
100g Dark Chocolate
50g Pouring Cream
20g Caster Sugar
1Tbsp of gelatin
3 Tbsp of water
Avocado CreamCheese ( Adapt from -> Avocado Chilled Creamcheese Cake)
250gm cream cheese
200gm avocado flesh ( sift it so it will be smooth and easy to combine)
1 Tbsp lemon juice
11/2 Tbsp gelatin
200gm whipping cream
1. Break the digestive biscuit into small crumbs and mixed with melted butter and press into a 8' round loose base cake tin. Chill in the fridge until firm.
2.For chocolate cream layer - Sprinkle the gelatin onto the 3 Tbsp of water. Let it bloom. Once it bloom put the bowl into a hot water and let the gelatin dissolve. Leave to cool to room temperature
3.Put chocolate and cream in a mixing bowl on a pot of simmer water, melt the chocolate and combine with the cream ..
4.Take the mixing bowl out from the simmer water , pour in the gelatin and mixed well.
5. Pour the chocolate cream layer into the biscuit base and put in the fridge till it set and chilled well . At least 2hours
6. For avocado cream cheese -Sprinke gelatin onto water let it bloom. Once it bloom put the bowl into a hot water and let the gelatin dissolve. Leave to cool to room temperature.
7. Cream cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
8. Combine lemon juice with avocado flesh and stir until smooth. Put this into (7)and mix until well combined.
9. Add gelatin into avocado cream cheese mixture till well combined.
10.Whip whipping cream until soft peaks and fold it into (9) until well combined.
11. Pour cheese filling onto chocolate cream layer and level the surface. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until set.
The cake is yum and the chocolate did goes well with avocado cream. What happen was I forget to fold in the whipping cream but the cake is still creamy enough. I guess if I have the cream fold in, my cake will be taller and more creamery? Not too sure might try to make this non bake cream cheese cake again when next avocado season come by .