Simple Delights

Wednesday 24 October 2012

PassionFruit Chiffon Cake




I should be more diligent in updating my blog, so I wont miss out any of my favourite recipe and will have another chance to bake it again !!

There are so many cakes to bake , so little time to do it. I really salute those blogger who have to work , take care of the kids and continually baking , cooking, writting ! I always think when GOD created woman we are the upgrade version of HIS 1st mankind creation ( Man) , hence we are super duper multitask , higher endurance, better persistance, great in organising , energetic , able to react faster and yak dak lak dak more and more.. Nope not saying man are not good, every creation from GOD has HIS great purposes, being a woman I am just proud of who I am and great to see so many great woman around me showing me great example I can follow.

I do not have children yet so I really salute those working mom , able to handle so many things at a time. I am still learning to balance my life between work, family and church. The commitment I have in the church took out most of my pastime. Thank GOD those who been given more will be empower more as we do HIS work.

Ok back to my night of being cozy yet wanted something different, chiffon is always my BEST choice. I happen to have few small passionfruit from my mom in law. I often would love to enjoy fruit fresh as it  is  full of Vic C and great to consume. However am thinking is it any recipe I can used for passionfruit beside a cheesecake( which I did and will share recipe later).

So here is my love -Passion Fruit Chiffon Cake . The fragrant in passionfruit is simply delightful and while baking it just make one anticipate and hope to have it once it out from the oven. The sweetness of the fruit is so tempting.

Here is the recipe I follow/adpat ->Sugar and Everything Nice
I used a 20cm chiffon tube pan


Ingredients:

4 yolks
40g sugar
45g canola oil
65g passion fruit pulp (including the seeds - about 2 to 3 fruits)
20g Milk

100g cake flour
1/2 tsp baking powder

4 whites
40g sugar
1/8 tsp cream of tartar

Method:

1) In a bowl, sift together the flour and baking powder.
2) Whisk together egg yolks and 50g sugar until pale in colour.
3) Gradually add in oil, passion fruit pulp,and milk whisking them all until combined.
4) Add all the sifted flour and baking powder. Whisk until the mixture becomes a thick and consistant batter.
5) Place the egg whites into a clean metal bow. Using a mixer, beat the whites until frothy. Add in the cream of tartar until whisk for a minute before gradually adding in the 40g of sugar. Continue to beat until stiff peaks are formed.
6) Gently fold in egg white mixture into egg yolk batter in 3 seperate additions until well combined.
7) Pour batter into a 20cm chiffon tube pan. Bake in preheated oven at 175C for 40-45mins.
8) Invert pan immediately to cool completely before unmold.



 
I love this cake the fragrance of Passionfruit is strong , the cake is soft and has some sourish taste . Overall is a very refreshing cake with a cuppa on hand , it just so relax to enjoy this in a lazy weekend afternoon.

 
If you have some passionfruit on hand why not give this a try :)

2 comments:

  1. what a creative creation - passionfruit + chiffon. I must try it one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen,

    Thanks for dropping by :) I should link your blog to mine. Still amatuer in maintaining the blog.
    Yup this cake is quite easy to make , hope you will enjoy it :))

    Have a blessed week .

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...