I love peanut cake and cookies. Is not always a like of others. Especially nuts can cause allergy and it can be a deadly thing.
I intend to bake a round whole Peanut Butter Light Cheesecake but since my hubby is not a peanut lover I probably will end up having it most by my own , so I decided to half the recipe and bake a rectangle shape Peanut Butter Light Cheesecake. Is a steambake cheesecake. Again is always my love to have cake that is light soft texture and you will not feel full no matter how many pieces you have eaten. So below is the recipe of this cheesecake .
Sponge Cake base :
48g caster sugar
44g sifted cake flour
16g vegetable oil
1.Base the rectangle mould with baking paper. Preheat oven to 170 degree Celcius
2.Beat the egg with the sugar till pale and thick .
3.Fold gently the sifted cake flour into egg mixture. Add in vegetable oil at last.
4. Pour the mixture into the cake mould and bake for 15min until cooked
5. Remove cake from the mould and leave to cool.
Peanut Butter Light Cheesecake
1 slice of sponge cake from above
Cream Cheese Mixture :
125g fresh milk
75g creamy peanut butter
125 cream chesse
25 plain flour , sifted
3 egg yolks
3 egg white
50 g caster sugar
1.Preheat ove to 180 degree C , line the rectangle baking tin with grease proof paper and put in the slice of sponge cake baked from above.
2. Double boil fresh milk, peanut butter and cream cheese until cream cheese has melted completely. Add plain flour , stir and cook until the mixture has thickened, Remove and leave to cool. Add 3 eggs yolk and stir well.
3.Whisk egg white and caster sugar at high speed until soft peak is formed. Slowly mix into the cream cheese mixture.
4. Strain the mixture onto sponge cake.
5. Steam bake the cheesecake in the preheated oven at 180 degree for 20 min. Reduce to 140 degree and bake for another 1hr 45min or until cooked.
6. Leave cake to cool in the oven with the door ajar 1 hour. Chill the cake in the fridge at least 4 hours . Remove cake from the tin and cut into pieces and serve.
If you want to make a 8" round cake double the measurement of the ingredients. This recipe is adapted from a baking book with the title - The Ultimate Indulgence Cheesecake by Chef Alan Kok.
The fragance of the peanut is really nice if you like cheese this will be a creamy new taste .
|Peanut Butter Light Cheesecake|