Friday, 1 February 2013
This is not the 1st time am baking cookies. Often I do it during Chinese New Year season. Yes is the traditional to bake cookie to present some food when people come and visit during Chinese New Year. I am still in Australia, to get Chinese New Year cookies nowadays is not that difficult anymore,I still would love to do some just for fun ( GOD knows later I realised it was so stress especially you have got everything prepared but NO time to bake it )
Ok to not to get so stress up anymore , I manage to bake a few cookies for this festival. Some of it is those famous one. Since I am submitting this post to Chinese New Year Delights 2013 hosted by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover. I would do post something I think is different .
The recipe is from a magazine and is as below :
100g icing sugar ( I used only 80g)
300g plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
20g parmesan cheese
1. Beat butter and icing sugar until fluffy. Add in egg and mix well.
2. Sift flour add in baking powder, soda and parmesan cheese.
3. Pour the mixed flour into the butter mixture, mix until forms dough
4. Refrigerated for 30min.
5. Roll out the dough on the floured surface. Use cutter to cut out desired shapes. Place onto baking tray.Sprinkle some peanut crumb onto.( Optional)
6. Bake in preheated oven at 160 C for 15-20 min
I love this cookies, it give a fragrance of cheese yet not over powering taste. With some peanut crumb on top of it just give the cookies a bit of nutty taste.
I have to go bake another batch of cookies again . Too much things to do too little time. Oh another year to celebrate :)
Wish you all HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR !!! ^^ all wishes come true .